Theresa Ito is the principal owner of Blue Mountain Solutions and is an experienced professional who is passionate about people and serves as a catalyst to them achieving their aims.
- Over 30 years of international hospitality experience
- Internationally training leaders and teams in Canada, Mexico, England, Jamaica, Maui and California
- Years of corporate experience with Fairmont Hotels, Hilton International, Sandals Resorts and Le Meridien chains
- Instructed at Royal Roads University, delivering courses in the BA programs for Tourism and Hotel Management
- Former General Manager of University of Victoriau2019s Swans Hotel, Canada and Sandals Resort, Jamaica
- Sandals Resorts Internationalu2019s first female General Manager
- Held Executive/Senior Leader positions at the Fairmont Empress and Inn at Laurel Point, Canada and Sandals Resorts, Jamaica
- The team consists of Hospitality, Tourism, Culinary and Human Resources Professionals
- Work with a strong team of experienced associates to deliver the services offered
- Achieved u201cInvestors in Peopleu201d status for three English hotels within a year
- Finalist in the National Innkeepers Training Awards in England
- Qualified certified facilitator for u201cThe 7 Habits of Highly Effective Peopleu201d
- Learned many life lessons in teamwork, leadership and ambition through her passion for sports; Theresa was a netball coach and umpire, as well as a qualified instructor in pilates, aerobics and trampolining
- Passionate about training, troubleshooting, supporting and facilitating the service and hospitality industry
- The company was named Blue Mountain Solutions Inc. after the stunning mountain range in Jamaica. Theresa was born and raised in Jamaica and the mountains signify a challenge to aspire and grow. The Blue Mountains produce the finest coffee in the world and that aligns perfectly with the quality we provide
Chef Takashi Ito is the Culinary Business Adviser & Implementer at Blue Mountain Solutions, he assists Chefs to be more successful in business while keeping a work/life balance.
Takashi Ito c.c.c.
- Successful executive chef in industry for over 25 years
- 40 years of experience in kitchens across Canada u2013 New Brunswick, Ontario, Alberta and B.C.
- Certified Chef de Cuisine and Qualified Red Seal Cook
- Worked with Fairmont properties for 17 years u2013 Calgaryu2019s Palliser and Victoriau2019s Empress
- Successfully led unionized and non-unionized culinary teams
- Designed and led kitchen renovations and restaurant concept changes
- Passionate about the business success of culinary teams and has turned around several
properties from losses into profit
- World champion ice carver
- Was selected to cook for many dignitaries including the Queen of England (twice), Bill Gates, the G8 summit and the Presidents from U.S.A., U.K. Russia and Japan
- Inducted into the B.C. Restaurantu2019s Hall of Fame
- Developed many skilled and engaged culinary teams and coached many leaders to the next level
- Consistently achieved under budget food and labour cost in every kitchen
- Represented Canada in the World Culinary Olympics
- Member of the Canadian Culinary Federation and La Chau00eene des Ru00f4tisseurs