Theresa Ito is the principal owner of Blue Mountain Solutions and is an experienced professional who is passionate about people and serves as a catalyst to them achieving their aims.
The company is named Blue Mountain Solutions Inc. after the stunning mountain range in Jamaica. Theresa was born and raised in Jamaica and the mountains signify a challenge to aspire and grow. The Blue Mountains produce the finest coffee in the world and that aligns perfectly with the quality we provide.
- The team consists of Hospitality, Tourism, Culinary and Human Resources Professionals
- Work with a strong team of experienced associates to deliver the services offered
- Years of corporate experience with Fairmont Hotels, Hilton International, Sandals Resorts and Le Meridien chains
- Instructed at Royal Roads University, delivering courses in the BA programs for Tourism and Hotel Management
- Former General Manager of University of Victoria’s Swans Hotel, Canada and Sandals Resort, Jamaica
- Sandals Resorts International’s first female General Manager
- Held Executive/Senior Leader positions at the Fairmont Empress and Inn at Laurel Point, Canada and Sandals Resorts, Jamaica
- Over 30 years of international hospitality experience
- Internationally training leaders and teams in Canada, Mexico, England, Jamaica, Maui and California
- Achieved “Investors in People” status for three hotels within a year
- Finalist in the National Innkeepers Training Awards
- An Independent Certified Coach, Teacher, Trainer & Speaker with The John Maxwell Team
- Qualified / certified facilitator for “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People”
- Learned many life lessons in teamwork, leadership and ambition through her passion for sports; Theresa is a netball coach and umpire, as well as a qualified instructor in pilates, aerobics and trampolining
Takashi Ito c.c.c.
Chef Takashi Ito is the Culinary Business Adviser & Implementer at Blue Mountain Solutions, he assists Chef to be more profitable and sustainable in business by developing and implementing efficient systems while keeping their work / life balance.
Chef Ito’s hands on approach and experience in the industry will allow him to work alongside the chef to improve the operations.
- 40 years of experience in kitchens across Canada: New Brunswick, Ontario, Alberta and B.C.
- Successful executive chef in industry for over 25 years
- Certified Chef de Cuisine and Qualified Red Seal Cook
- Worked with Fairmont properties for 17 years: Calgary’s Palliser and Victoria’s Empress
- Successfully led unionized and non-unionized culinary teams
- Designed and led kitchen renovations and restaurant concept changes
- Passionate about the business success of culinary teams and has turned around several properties from losses into profit
- World champion ice carver
- Was selected to cook for many dignitaries including the Queen of England (twice), Bill Gates, the G8 summit and the Presidents from U.S.A., U.K. Russia and Japan
- Inducted into the B.C. Restaurant’s Hall of Fame
- Developed many skilled and engaged culinary teams and coached many leaders to the next level
- Consistently achieved under budget food and labour cost in every kitchen
- Represented Canada in the World Culinary Olympics
- Member of the Canadian Culinary Federation and la Chaîne des Rôtisseurs