Theresa Ito is the principal owner of Blue Mountain Solutions and is an experienced professional who is passionate about people and serves as a catalyst to them achieving their aims.
The company is named Blue Mountain Solutions Inc. after the stunning mountain range in Jamaica. Theresa was born and raised in Jamaica and the mountains signify a challenge to aspire and grow. The Blue Mountains produce the finest coffee in the world and that aligns perfectly with the quality we provide.
- The team consists of Hospitality, Tourism, Culinary and Human Resources Professionals
- Work with a strong team of experienced associates to deliver the services offered
- Years of corporate experience with Fairmont Hotels, Hilton International, Sandals Resorts and Le Meridien chains
- Instructed at Royal Roads University, delivering courses in the BA programs for Tourism and Hotel Management
- Former General Manager of University of Victoria’s Swans Hotel, Canada and Sandals Resort, Jamaica
- Sandals Resorts International’s first female General Manager
- Held Executive/Senior Leader positions at the Fairmont Empress and Inn at Laurel Point, Canada and Sandals Resorts, Jamaica
- Over 30 years of international hospitality experience
- Internationally training leaders and teams in Canada, Mexico, England, Jamaica, Maui and California
- Achieved “Investors in People” status for three hotels within a year
- Finalist in the National Innkeepers Training Awards
- An Independent Certified Coach, Teacher, Trainer & Speaker with The John Maxwell Team
- Qualified / certified facilitator for “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People”
- Learned many life lessons in teamwork, leadership and ambition through her passion for sports; Theresa is a netball coach and umpire, as well as a qualified instructor in pilates, aerobics and trampolining
Takashi Ito c.c.c.
Chef Takashi Ito is the Culinary Business Adviser & Implementer at Blue Mountain Solutions, he assists Chef to be more profitable and sustainable in business by developing and implementing efficient systems while keeping their work / life balance.
Chef Ito’s hands on approach and experience in the industry will allow him to work alongside the chef to improve the operations.
- 40 years of experience in kitchens across Canada: New Brunswick, Ontario, Alberta and B.C.
- Successful executive chef in industry for over 25 years
- Certified Chef de Cuisine and Qualified Red Seal Cook
- Worked with Fairmont properties for 17 years: Calgary’s Palliser and Victoria’s Empress
- Successfully led unionized and non-unionized culinary teams
- Designed and led kitchen renovations and restaurant concept changes
- Passionate about the business success of culinary teams and has turned around several properties from losses into profit
- World champion ice carver
- Was selected to cook for many dignitaries including the Queen of England (twice), Bill Gates, the G8 summit and the Presidents from U.S.A., U.K. Russia and Japan
- Inducted into the B.C. Restaurant’s Hall of Fame
- Developed many skilled and engaged culinary teams and coached many leaders to the next level
- Consistently achieved under budget food and labour cost in every kitchen
- Represented Canada in the World Culinary Olympics
- Member of the Canadian Culinary Federation and la Chaîne des Rôtisseurs
To transform leadership through training and development
Equip leaders around the world with the skills and knowledge that guide them
to care for an nurture the people they have the privilege of leading
We foster continuous personal and professional growth,
inspiring leaders to elevate their skills and expertise
We build trust through open, honest communication, and
by consistently delivering exceptional training experiences
We enable leaders to make a significant impact on
the lives of those they are privileged to lead
We provide unwavering support, guidance, and resources
to empower leaders in overcoming challenges and
achieving their goals
We create engaging and enjoyable learning environments, infusing energy and enthusiasm to make the training experience impactful
We operate with transparency, ensuring honesty and accountability in our relationships with clients and partners
We hold ourselves accountable for delivering high-quality
training solutions that provide measurable results